Role Profile: Maintenance Manager
Role Purpose: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the maintenance function of the engineering and plant equipment, these includes all mechanical, electrical, heating, ventilation, boiler, cold rooms and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and related equipment in order to obtain optimum efficiency in operations.
The manager will drive performance of the maintenance team and keep them motivated.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that all maintenance activities conform to ESH procedures and policies.
- Estimates department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting with the capital budget process.
- Monitor & Control all expenditure of the engineering department such as cost of Heat, Light, Power and Repairs & Maintenance costs.
- Develop technical specifications and terms of reference for the procurement of spares and/ or services for the repair of equipment.
Technical Aspects of job
- To undertake scheduled and breakdown maintenance of engineering equipment’s or plants with the aim of ensuring smooth run and maintained machine uptime e.g. generators, compressors, boilers, cold rooms and air coolers, Pumps, Blowers.
- Monitors preventive maintenance assignments on a yearly basis and completes maintenance logs.
- Classify all equipment on a ranking and develop the maintenance strategy for each engineering equipment or plant.
- Manage a service history data base for all assets.
- Plan and manage annual overhaul programs.
- Review and advice the required spare-parts to stock and ensure minimal obsolescence in stock.
- Manage and maintain accurate, timely documentation for any equipment modification maintenance records and data for KPI reporting.
- Accountable that all planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering preferably plant option .
- Bachelor degree in Technology, Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Electrical Engineering knowledge.
- 5 years’ previous experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing industry will be very ideal with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Leadership skills and ability to multitask
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th Dec 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.