Our client, Kasha Technologies Ltd (kasha.co), an exciting and fast-growing eCommerce start-up company in East Africa focused on women’s health and personal care, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi:
Business Development – Mass Market Officer
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Development – Mass Market Officer will be responsible for selling the Kenya Kasha brand to agent driven consumers and institutions in Kenya, building up a strong, high performing agent network, growing Kasha’s mass market customer base across multiple locations in Kenya and creating a strong recurring customer base.
- Developing a vision and roadmap for your area of ownership in collaboration with your colleagues and the leadership team and communicate status on an ongoing basis
- Defining a strategy for the Mass Market business that will lead to a strong pipeline, recurring customer base and month to month revenue growth
- Growing Kasha’s mass market customer base across multiple locations within and outside of Nairobi
- Developing a strong product selection and pricing strategy that will drive sales within each region we are represented.
- Working with the Supply Chain team to build strong partnerships with suppliers, merchants, and more to grow product accessibility to our agent driven consumers
- Creating a strong service delivery model with regards to purchase, distribution and product quality that will encourage new customers to consider Kasha as their go-to partner for health, beauty and skin care products
- Realizing strong revenues for this business unit by setting up the right processes, relationships and tools needed to scale our ability to serve customers across the Kenya market
- Performing periodic competitor analysis to continuously optimize our core offerings and grow our USP in line with client expectations
- Realizing strong revenues for this business unit by setting up the right processes, relationships and tools needed to scale our ability to serve customers across the Kenyan market
- Creating strong internal relationships with the various teams that will support your ability to provide strong service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Planning, forecasting and managing against an operating budget.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or equivalent.
- Must have 10+ years of professional experience, 5 years in Business Development from a relevant business model. Preference for experience in corporate sales at organizations that focus on consumer technology, retail, health, pharma, FMCG or beauty.
- Has grown a strong network within the business community across the country,
- Has been responsible for key business metrics
- Experience working in a start-up technology company strongly preferred.
- Experienced people manager with a track record of professionally growing employees, managing out underperforming employees and building an overall high performing team.
- Experience using project management and sales tools to document and track results
- Passionate about social issues, especially in the area of women’s health.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading ‘BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – MASS MARKET OFFICER’ by 14th December 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.