St. Luke Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is a leading Specialist and Health Care Provision Center situated in Eldoret Town along Nandi Road opposite Moi University School of Dentistry (about 0.5 km from Eldoret Town, Uasin Gishu County, Kenya).
Applications are invited from competent and highly qualified person to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Medical Counsellor
Reports: Head of Clinical Services
Overall Responsibility: Provision and promotion of mental health and well-being, counselling, education and guidance to staff, clients of St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma hospital.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individual, family and group counselling to clients as needed or assigned.
- Work to prevent, diagnose and treat mental disorders.
- Consult with other professionals to discuss therapies, treatments, counseling resources, or techniques, and to share occupational information.
- Develop therapeutic and treatment plans based on clients’ interests, abilities, and needs.
- Refer clients to specialists or to other institutions for non-counselling treatment of problems.
- Conduct psychological assessments and compile professional reports in a timely fashion.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, consultation and monitoring of the effectiveness of clinical interventions.
- Support clients to identify and to take concrete steps towards their goals.
- Maintain client records
- Participate and serve in Clinical Committees such as Mortality, Clinical Audit, Infection Control, Waste Management and other health committees.
- Bill patients for all services given
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma or Degree in Medical Counselling and Psychology from a recognized institution.
- Registration by relevant regulatory authority/body.
- Over three years of experience in Mental Health and wellbeing, counselling and testing, preferably in a secondary care hospital setting.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines.
- Confidentiality and integrity in the profession.
- Listening Skills.
- Sensitivity and empathy.
- Ability to cope with emotional situations.
- Ability to relate with a wide range of people.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents before 20th December 2020 to:
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.