Nithi Water and Sanitation Company limited is one of the Water service providers Contracted by Tana Water Works Development Agency and the County Government of Tharaka Nithi to provide water and sanitation services in Tharaka Nithi County under the Water Act 2002.
To drive the company vision and mission, we seek a visionary customer centric and result- oriented technologically survey and experienced individual to fill the position of Internal Auditor.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage an integrated internal audit function covering all the areas of operation of the company.
- Review and appraise the soundness and efficiency of all systems of controls including financial, operational and internal control systems and procedures.
- Prepare the annual audit programme and ensure that it is effectively carried out.
- Periodically review the suitability, reliability and use of management information produced within the company.
- Evaluate any possible business risks and systems of controls to provide value added and recommendation improvements.
- Analyse outcomes of audit activities, provide timely reports and follow through to ensure that recommendations are considered and implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership in the co-ordination of external audits and ensure that issues raised by the auditors are addressed.
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required from time to time and submit report of findings to the Board.
- Monitor the efficiency of the operations of the company; identify areas that offer opportunities for improvement and making appropriate recommendations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS – Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or any related Business discipline.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS – Professional accounting qualifications such as CPA (K) or ACCA or equivalent.
- Registration to ICPAK or relevant professional body.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have ability to work under pressure
- Must be self motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Able to work without supervision.
Three (3) years relevant working experience in a similar position
Compliance with Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010 submit clearance certificate from:
a) Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC);
b) Higher Commission Loan Board(HELB);
c) Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
d) Criminal Investigation Department(CID);
e) Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The successful candidate will be offered a 3- year renewable contract based on satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for the position you are applying for, a detailed up-to-date CV and photocopies of relevant testimonials, current and expected remuneration package, the names and address of three professional referees, an e-mail address and telephone number, and two (2) coloured passport size photos.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 24TH DECEMBER 2020 at 5:00PM
The Managing Director
Nithi Water and Sanitation Company limited
P .O BOX 263-60400
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
NIWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and available opportunities shall be available irrespective of their gender, marital status, disability, colour race or religious believes.
CANVASING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.