Job Advertisement: Internal Inspector
Olivado EPZ Limited is an agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and also export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers.
We are looking for qualified farm inspectors who will be engaged on contract basis.
The ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications and be ready for the specified tasks.
1. Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or related discipline with a bias to fruit and vegetable production.
2. Two years’ experience in the production of horticultural crops in a smallholder scheme or exporter out grower scheme
3. At least one day practical inspection course setting out basic principles of inspection.
4. At least two witness inspections accompanying an auditor, could be GlobalGAP or Organic, Fair Trade or others.
5. At least one shadow inspection related to an inspection of an agricultural standard by a recognized certifying body.
6. Food safety and good agriculture practice (GAP) training.
i. Training in HACCP principles.
ii. Food hygiene training.
iii. Plant protection, fertilizer use and integrated pest management training.
7. Excellent Kiswahili and English reading, writing and speaking skills.
8. Proficient in computer application packages including MS- Word and Excel.
9. Ability to use smart phone applications.
10. Technical report writing skills.
11. Ability to work independently and within a team
1. Inspection of contracted farms and other Olivado facilities to verify compliance against statutory and voluntary standards (GlobalGAP, Organic and Fair Trade) and produce timely and accurate reports.
2. Updating of farm production records, periodic field survey forms and training records as may be applicable.
3. Following up on closure of non-compliances identified during internal inspection.
4. Address areas for improvements noted during the internal inspections.
This will be a performance-based contract with set targets to be achieved per day.
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application which should include: –
i. A cover letter demonstrating the candidate’s competency and ability to undertake the tasks, expected wage per day or salary per month and if immediately available for assignment.
ii. A detailed CV indicating past experience in inspecting farms against Fair for Life Fair Trade, GlobalG.A.P. and organic standards.
iii. Scanned copies of relevant certificate and testimonials.
Application to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19th December 2020.
Only candidates applying as per above procedure and who meets the indicated criteria will be contacted.