The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an institution of Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an Agency of Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of an integrated health system that includes Hospitals and outreach health centers across East Africa.
AKHS is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world.
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa has been providing high quality care services in the Coast Region of Kenya for over 75 years with physical presence in Mtwapa, Bamburi, Nyali, Kilifi, Ukunda, Voi, Mombasa CBD center and Changamwe area.
The hospital wishes to recruit ideal candidate for the following position for our Kilifi Outreach Health Centre:-
Pharmaceutical Technologist – Bofa Kilifi Outreach
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager and the Clinic lead in charge, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and to provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet customer needs.
- Receive and process orders delivered to the Pharmacy Department in accordance with procedures and documentation requirements.
- Counsel patients on drug administration for optimum customer satisfaction.
- Check expiry dates of all incoming stock and document short-dated stock.
- Dispense drugs accurately and in a timely manner to uphold quality standards of the department.
- Ensure the accuracy of the label with prescription before dispensing for right patient, right drug and right quantity, for effective service delivery.
Required qualifications, attributes and experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy,
- Enrolled with Pharmacy & Poisons Board with a current professional practice license. Member of Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an inpatient/outpatient setting
- Exposure to hospital management systems will be an added advantage
- Read and scrutinize prescriptions appropriately, offering the required guidance as necessary
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the Values of the Hospital.
Candidates are invited to upload a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the position you are interested in on the subject line.
Deadline of submitting application is on 11th December, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is an equal opportunity Employer’