Kenafric Industries Limited
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Department & Section: Supply Chain / Procurement
Reports To: Procurement Manager
Main Purpose of this Position: To support the business operations by maintaining a supplier database, increasing operational efficiencies by assisting with purchase pricing and timely deliveries of the specified goods and services.
- Plan, source, negotiate and review quotations for approval.
- Prepare reports in reference to the local goods, status and lead time.
- Prepare reports on monthly cost saving on local goods & services.
- Make and follow up on supplier LPOs’ and delivery of goods & services.
- Sending RFQs as per the end user specifications to respective suppliers, negotiate, seek approval, and execute the orders as per the organization systems and procedures.
- Ensuring supplier documentation are gathered from relevant internal stakeholders, in good order, accurate, validated and handed over to accounts for payment.
- Follow up on delivery with the relevant suppliers up to the time it reaches the end user correct.
- Filling and maintaining files.
- Make monthly reports on cost savings and any other consumption reports requirement by the management for improved efficiency.
- Make weekly status reports on goods and respective timelines.
- Participating in projects in line with departmental objectives/goals.
- To ensure that products are procured, at the required quantity and quality, and at the correct time, ensuring the optimum cost benefit to the company.
- To undertake any other duties/tasks as requested by the Procurement Manager, these duties/tasks either being simple items or items of ongoing responsibilities.
- To monitor prices increases and the effects of the same to the competitiveness of the supplier involved.
- Supply Chain
- Local suppliers
- Shipping lines
- Diploma in Procurement or Business-related field
- Relevant Qualification in Procurement
- Having previously used SAP is an added advantage.
- At-least 2 year(s) relevant experience.
Job / Functional Skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer Relations Management
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Communication Skills
- IT skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Customer centric
- Continuous improvement
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to email@example.com with the subject- Procurement Assistant- KIL
Deadline for applications is Saturday 5th December, 2020