Position title: Recycling Plant Supervisor
Industry: Waste Management and Recycling
Reports to: Operations Manager
Summary of Role: TakaTaka Solutions is looking to recruit a Plant Supervisor to oversee the general operations of the factory, ensure proper running of machines and enforce compliance to health and safety standards while optimizing productivity.
The candidate will report to the Operations Manager.
Company Background: Taka Taka Solutions is a waste management and recycling company. We are engaged in waste collection, material recovery, composting and recycling. We recycle 95% of the waste we collect.
- Supervise efficient operation of all plant equipment to achieve the plant’s objectives and profitability.
- Administer all employee schedules and ensure proactive workforce planning.
- Staff supervision, monitoring and provision of appropriate training to improve work delivery.
- Supervise daily production schedules and assist to resolve all maintenance issues.
- Perform regular inspection of all machinery and ensure compliance to all regulations such as OSHA.
- Proactive systematic planning of all preventive maintenance programs alongside the preventative maintenance technician to reduce on downtime.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all incoming materials and products in the plant according to the required policies and procedures.
- Maintain the quality of all products, prepare appropriate budgets and reports to be submitted to management and recommend improvements to the production process to ensure optimal profitability.
- Ensure compliance to local regulations on safety and health.
- Maintain efficient and professional relationships with all customers.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience in a similar role 2 of which MUST be at a supervisory level.
- Bsc/Diploma in a science related field.
- Previous experience working in a processing or manufacturing plant is an added advantage.
Skills and competencies
- Team management and leadership skills.
- High regard for time management and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Good planning skills
- High flexibility with willingness to put forth extra effort to get the job done
- Open, critical and proactive communication style about problem areas
- Drive and commitment
- Honesty and integrity
If you meet the above requirements, you are passionate, eager to learn and thrive in excellence, we are looking for you! Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Send your CV ONLY with the Subject title ‘Mechanical Plant Supervisor’ and expected Gross Salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.