Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Career Opportunity: Resident Consultant Physician and Head of Department
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgement of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Resident Consultant Physician and Head of Department
Reporting to the Medical Director the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall Clinical leadership and governance, as well as Clinical care in the Department of Medicine.
He / she will be expected to be an active member of the multidisciplinary health care team in the hospital and to contribute to the continuing professional development programmes of the hospital.
- Provide clinical leadership in the Department of Medicine by developing and implementing an integrated clinical service model aligned with the vision, mission and values of the Hospital.
- Provide quality medical care within the department.
- Drive growth and expansion of the scope of services within the department.
- Lead the departmental quality improvement and patient safety agenda, fitting within the institutional overall objectives.
- Inculcate teamwork and a multidisciplinary approach to patient management.
- Support medical education as part of continuing professional development services within the department and the institution.
- Engage in teaching and mentorship activities of junior doctors and interns.
- Monitor customer satisfaction.
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine from a recognized university
- Must be registered/licensed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists Council
- At least three years of post-graduate work experience
- Good public relations and communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 31st December, 2020.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”