Our client is an upcoming restaurant that will have different branches and in Nairobi and its environs.
They are searching for a Waiter / Waitress that would multi-task and ensure food & beverage has been prepared and served with utmost standards and quality to the Customers.
Job Purpose: The Food production Waiter/Waitress will be responsible for simple preparation, serving food & beverage items to the customers. They will ensure the prompt and courteous serving of guests with food and beverage items as requested in an efficient and ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Key Result Area
- Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded a high level of customer service.
- Prepares mise-en-place for the outlet.
- Ensures that the food display is clean and properly polished.
- Promptly and courteously takes orders for Pastries/food and beverage from guests, posts the same in the POS and serve.
- Confirm food and beverage orders.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage orders.
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items on the menu and be able to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Preparing food according to the needs of customers and the need to refill the displays while ensuring speed and accurate and maintaining quality and food safety standards.
- Conduct inventories with accuracy and discipline at intervals indicated by the procedures.
- Informs and explains all the day’s specials and makes suggestions on food & beverage items to the customers.
- Up-sell or promote all specials as well as promoting slow moving.
- Draws a table plan for orders taken on each.
- Ensures that the guest orders are served correctly (as per the guests’ specifications).
- Makes follow up on all orders
- Keeps the guests informed of new developments in case of any.
- In addition to the above, the Waiter/Waitress may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 2 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 3 star to 5 Star
- Diploma or Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales or its equivalent from a recognized
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming
- Tech savvy with a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period of time
Working Conditions: Job requires employees to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing the cold room. Job also requires employees to work with challenging customers and/or situations.
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.pm 7th December, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”