Job Title: Accounts Receivable – Assistant Manager
Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons
of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek an Assistant Manager-Accounts Receivable to join our Accounting Department.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Check all source documents for any sale (LPOs, delivery notes, contracts, etc.) as per revenue recognition policy
- Make and Post Sales Invoices as per revenue recognition policy, create and post CSH, complete cash matching on a daily basis to ensure up to date AR
- Create ETRs as per tax policy
- Issue invoices and account statements as per agreement with the Sales team
- Develop detailed weekly collection plan (down to how much from each customer) for rolling 4 weeks with Sales team based on the monthly AR plan issued by Cash Management team
- Follow up with Sales team on weekly collection actions and revise weekly plans above
- Create and aggregate necessary documentation from past-due customers with the Sales team
- Reconcile LPF, M Pesa, Bank, Inventory, and any other external system that is impacted by Sales with FFA
- Actively pursue delinquent customers to collect outstanding AR
- Prepare and analyze all AR reports and models to track Key Indicators
- Reconcile all revenue related TBs and share documentation with the Audit team
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Business Degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of CPA 2 or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting with at least 2 years on AR management
- Advanced excel knowledge an added advantage
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
To apply, please submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 25th December 2020.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.