Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our Operational Excellence Department.
Role Mission: Lead and implement continuous improvement projects within the organization
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops plans, schedules and budgets for continuous improvement projects
- Responsible for planning and execution of continuous improvement activities
- Coordinates and reports on CI projects; timelines and budget
- Leads and drives completion of projects on time with limited supervision
- Work closely with support teams to analyse the impact of all issues and propose preventive actions
- Develop structures to measure and analyse plant effectiveness
- Develop structures to measure and analyse plant capacity and utilization
- Analyse and report on;
- Adherence to timelines for continuous improvement projects
- Adherence to timelines for short and medium term corrective actions
- Process cycle efficiencies
- Costs of poor quality
- Losses due to lack of mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Provide recommendations and lead projects on;
- Improving cycle efficiencies
- Reducing the costs of poor quality
- Improving mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Improving maintenance
- Host Kaizen workshops
- Implement lean manufacturing to continually improve the production process
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results
- Lead improvement of existing procedures and instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management
- Advanced degree preferred
- Six Sigma certification is desirable
- 2+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume / CV that includes a list of three referees by Tuesday 22nd December 2020.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.