Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands.
have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste.
At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek an Warehouse Assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the goals assigned to you are broken down into weekly and daily schedules using the tools provided for better planning on a weekly rotational basis.
- Manage casuals including supervising them during engagement at the warehouse
- Conduct daily line tours before commencement of work, report work progress and setbacks to the supervisor, daily -Maintain written and/or electronic process records
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained in the warehouse.-Service all material requests in a timely manner
- Ensure safety of all materials stored in the warehouse and enforce access control -Support in maintaining the central warehouse facility -Maintain neat and clean warehouse premises
- Provide support during physical stock count of inventory
- Organize goods in the warehouse
- Monitor all inventory items and ensure that requisition requests are placed on time.
- Oversee all issuances to ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness and that all relevant documentation is in place before dispatch
- Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
- Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
- Ensure all work orders have been processed
- Ensure the warehouse is clean at all times
- Ensure kitting is done on time to avoid delays
- Ensure all trackers are up to date
- Conduct weekly spot checks
- Actively Participate and contribute in resolving all variances, deviations, and problems in the team
- Detect and escalate CAPA issues and implement immediate corrective actions assigned to you within the agreed timelines and share feedback with the team once the action has been completed
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you.
- Diploma/Degree in Warehouse Management/ Purchasing and supplies
- More than 1 year of experience in a warehouse management / purchasing related role
- Experience working in a fast paced environment will be an added advantage
- Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
Please SUBMIT HERE a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 25th December 2020.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Kindly also indicate your salary expectations.