Job Title: School Chef & Catering Supervisor
The ultimate objective of this role is to achieve efficiency through provision of good quality meals within a strict budget while maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing properly cooked meals, snacks, and drinks to learners, staff and guests of the School as per the agreed upon menu.
- Keep safe custody of all kitchen stocks, items and machinery and ensure cleanliness, safety and maintenance of the same in working order at all times.
- Supervise and undertake cleaning activities to ensure the kitchen, utensils and machines etc observe the required standards of hygiene and comply with the Ministry of Health guidelines and School policies.
- Ensure proper coordination and efficiency in food preparation, serving and dining arrangements at all times.
- Organizing and supervising staff rota to meet service needs, achieve timely service delivery and high quality standards.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of catering, including service activities and sanitation responsibilities by ensuring all staff have valid medical certificates and remain in good health status to work.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived.
- Estimate food requirements and food costs and application of cost cutting measures.
- Preparation of termly and annual budgets and tracking the budgets.
- Make requisitions for items and provide feedback on the stock received.
- Develop and implement controls to ensure the kitchen department is and remains profitable at all times.
- Diploma in Food Production / Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- 3 years minimum kitchen management experience
- Training in HACCP
- Very detail oriented with an eye for quality
- Team player + leader + motivator
- Able to manage kitchen costs
- Able to oversee supplies & inventory
- Able to nurture & train others.
Please make your application through email@example.com by close of business 24th December 2020.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.