St. Luke Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is a leading Specialist and Health Care Provision Center situated in Eldoret Town along Nandi Road opposite Moi University School of Dentistry (about 0.5 km from Eldoret Town, Uasin Gishu County, Kenya).
Applications are invited from competent and highly qualified person to fill the following vacant position:
Reports: Radiology Department In Charge
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for ultrasound examination and other radiological examinations.
- Undertake initial patient evaluation, provide diagnostic radiographs and perform ultrasound and doppler examinations for patients.
- Provide safe, efficient, high quality diagnostic imaging services through the use of modern imaging technology.
- Ensure accurate documentation and care and confidentiality of patients’ records and information.
- Take responsibility for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in your care.
- Maintain accurate detailed reports and records for all patients and for all the medical imaging performed.
- Bill patients for all services given.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and calibration of medical equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external clients.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection devices are used and observed to ensure compliance and safety for both patients and staff.
- Conduct and participate in Continuous Medical Education (CME), Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and refresher courses.
- Participate and serve in Clinical Committees such as Mortality, Clinical Audit, Infection Prevention & Control, Waste Management and other committees.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences.
- Higher Diploma in Ultrasonography.
- Registration by the Kenya Radiation Protection Board.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Sonographer in a busy environment.
- Good public relations, communication, customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in flexible shifts
How to Apply
Suitable candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents before 20th December 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.