Techsavanna Company Ltd
Position Title: IT Projects and Resourcing Officer (Automation, planning, resourcing and Reporting)
- Creation, implementation and maintenance of solution delivery models.
- Planning, tracking and reporting on IT resources, projects and systems operational performance.
- Automation of data collections, storage, transformation and dashboard reporting for all resources in projects, planning and operational models.
- Management of an all-round single point of view of a workforce and resources delivery products and services.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop and maintain the resource management plan by identifying resource requirements and obtaining commitments from internal, external, and procured sources to complete all project activities.
- Maintain project time estimates in order to determine and define project baseline, schedule.
- Develop a formal and comprehensive resourcing dashboard showing project progress against resource utilization.
- Manage project progress by obtaining data from various sources as project managers, business units, project data repositories, and delivery & engagement managers.
- Onboarding and release of project resources by following appropriate organizational procedures in order to optimize resource utilization.
- Collaborate with the project teams and management to report on projects, performance and resources utilization with periodic reports
- Manage any relevant team and departmental reporting requirements on operations, planning and products delivery.
- Participate in performance management of human resources discipline and evaluation to delivery objectives
- Creation of centralized Business Intelligence suite with management dashboards from various data warehouses.
- Extraction and Transformation of various data from multiple heterogeneous sources for consumption by BIRT dashboard.
- Self-Driven individual with proactivity in responsible execution.
Working with Others
- Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to place them in the right projects for better resource and skill utilization.
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity.
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement.
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end.
- Uses knowledge of people, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems.
Creativity and Innovation
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems.
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible.
- Experiments with unorthodox approaches.
- Exploration of known unknowns for innovative solution providence.
Business Know How
- Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust.
- Balances current and future needs.
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business.
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards.
Working with Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations.
- Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance.
- Models futuristic projection of business performance and operational states for deterministic proactive measures.
Project and Program Management
- Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies.
- Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues.
- Adopts best practice for delivery optimization.
Working With Partners
- Work closely with the PMO office on resource and project planning.
- Work closely with Delivery and Engagement managers on resource and project planning
- Monitors operational performance using tools, systems and working with consultants on site
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, IT, Project Management or Business Management.
- Certificate in project planning/project management expertise or PRINCE 2 or PMP will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience as a software developer with a bias in
- Web Development Skills – Backend and Frontend
- Use of BIRT Tools such as Power BI, BIRT, Jaspersoft, Pentaho
- Building ETL using Informatica
- File Manipulations UNIX
- Business Analytics Development for BI
- 3 years’ experience as an IT analyst and|or project management in a busy IT environment
- Understanding of the Balanced Scorecard management reporting technique
- Planning and organization – Perfectionist.
- Experience as a projects team member in a large project preferably an IT project.
- A good understanding of managing projects in a changing business environment.
- Experience in providing administrative and project support with large multifaceted data pools.
Key performance indicators:
100% adherence to the following:
- Management of record of all 200+ departmental projects and detailed status
- Management of people resourcing of 250+ team members
- Management of resources distribution across delivery streams as relates to the business.
- Production of statistical reporting on projects, resources involved, resource workload, project KPIs
- Tracking of team performance KPIs on operations, planning and products delivery.
- Management of Skillset per resource compared their project output from quality and speed prospective
- Production and documentation of resource requirements.
- Production of project staffing management plans and organization charts.
- Assignment of roles and responsibility assignments for staff- resource matrix.
- Pipeline and capacity management.
- Sharing dashboards weekly showing our progress against project delivery and resource utilization
- Timely identification of resourcing gaps and provide mitigation.
- Table creative modelling techniques for perspectives view on departmental status and projections for performance optimization
- Delivery of performance and development reviews against each staff and recommending data acquisition techniques.
- Automation of the entire reporting process and data management for projects, resources, planning and operational performance
- Maintenance of a Balanced Scorecard for the delivery department.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.