Techsavanna Company Ltd
Job Title: Principal Software Asset Manager
Reports to: SM – Service Delivery Manager
Overall Purpose: The incumbent will be an integral contributor to the development of Strategy and execution thereof, on the deployment of Software solutions and their associated licenses and certificates in the IT Estate.
The role holder will on a continuously on- going basis analyze and communicate information on deployed software and associated licenses and certificates, to enforce compliance to contractual and other legal requirements, ensure cost optimal deployment and identify ways to improve value realization for our client’s customers, staff and subsidiaries.
- Participate in all tasks involved in the acquisition and implementation and operations of Software Asset Management Tools.
- Develop a clear process of Software Asset Lifecycle Management and embed it within existing and emerging business processes.
- Provide required input into software on-boarding, including demand management, technical planning guidance and financial management processes.
- Ensuring highest level of integrity for Software Asset Management data
- Develop software tracking and reporting processes, overlaid with software control measures. Enforce compliance to contractual and other legal obligations. Manage online service requests.
- Continuously review, identify and advise on opportunities for process improvements and cost efficiency in license management.
- Assist technology and vendor management planning processes with regular and exception reports to ensure exposure is managed prior to license expiration, utilization thresholds and contract termination.
- Continuous commercial modelling, to understand, forecast and communicate clearly financial implications for different deployment scenarios whenever
Key Performance Indicators
- Develop and deliver Network and IT Software Asset Management systems strategy working collaboratively with other teams within our clients and its Subsidiaries. Where required lead strategic delivery programs.
- Typical output: Software Asset Management strategy and architecture blueprint documents.
- Dashboard with high integrity Software Asset Management information in (near) real time.
- Mange relationships with suppliers with interfaces to client’s IT Applications and Systems strategy.
- On a continuous basis identify any exposure areas due to non-compliance and champion risk mitigation.
- On a continuous basis cost optimization opportunities and champion cost saving associated initiatives.
- Typical Output: Accurate, timely and relevant reports to management and functional teams, with actionable insights to mitigate against risk and optimize costs.
- Work with the Technology Financial, Process and Vendor governance teams to enforce pro-active controls to software and license deployment.
- Typical Output: Zero exposure due to technology operations, inadvertently or executing planned projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or a telecommunications biased discipline.
- At least 5 years work experience in a busy Telecommunications or IT environment with experience cutting across operations and planning or software development of key IS applications.
- Good understanding of a broad set of information technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, databases, business support systems, integration tools and cyber security.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and willingness to keep reading and learning.
- Ability to influence peers and guide teams towards delivery.
- Demonstrated Effective communication skills.
Working with Others
- Communicates simply to excite and engage people.
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks.
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity.
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement.
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end.
- Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems.
Creativity and Innovation
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems.
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible.
Business Know how
- Good understanding of the financial calendar, and how expenditure in technology contributes to overall financial position.
- Good knowledge of legal and commercial terms in contractual agreements.
Working with Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations
Project and Program Management
- Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality and business benefit Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues
- Architecture and Design
- Understands architecture and design of IT applications and systems to meet current and emerging business needs
- Knowledge of and capacity to implement best practice software asset management measures to ensure the integrity and continuity of systems, services and information
- Well versed with different integration standards and technologies used in IT.
- Scripting and system Integration
- Can develop own tools, and work with vendor tools to extract information from a wide range of software applications.
- Good understanding of communication protocols used in IT
- Written and Oral communication and reports
- Clearly articulates in both oral and written mediums.
- Presentations to peers and management should be concise and mobilize for action.
Financial (limits / mandates etc.)
- IT software and associated licenses will have a direct influence on overall technology apex and opex spend
- Good understanding of financial management processes.
- Ability to budget and forecast projected spend.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.