Position: Performance Manager
Reporting to: Director Transformation and Performance
Business Unit: Transformation
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
- To lead the development and execution of driving strategy driven performance across the entire organization.
- Alignment and driving, performance management is the key activity and set of processes that aim to maintain and improve employee performance in line with an organization’s objectives
- To develop, articulate, and drive a system of performance from the CEO all the way down the Nth employee of Telkom to ensure our strategic objectives match our performance culture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive visible change on people around process and result orientation
- Establish a performance-based system to focus on employee output (performance)
- Establish ways of working that drive unified performance across the organization
- Development a mechanism for tracking financial targets specifically for Revenue, Gross Margin, OPEX, EBITDA for the overall company and all business units.
- Evaluates the financial aspects of products, pricing, budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Ensure the fiscal health, efficiency and effectiveness of the company strategy implementation.
- Co-create with various functions at Telkom the ability to create visible performance tracking and operational efficiencies
- Provide Leadership with the insights of day-to-day performance management
- Design and review policies related to employee performance
- Presenting statistical performance analysis and recommending solutions
- Identify, report, and resolve workplace or interpersonal barriers to performance
- Setting performance objectives and updating as necessary
Academic background & Professional Knowledge:
- 8+ years’ experience in operations management
- Telecommunications experience is an advantage
- SQL & Data Mining is a major advantage
- Experience in customer data and field visit experience to understand the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Ability to establish policies, priorities to manage and evaluate projects
- Good understanding of accounting/financial standards and principles and ability to resolve basic financial and accounting problems
- Very good knowledge and presentation skills using MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other relevant software
- Experience with manipulation of performance data for delivery and presentation to senior management
Here are the skills we are looking for:
- Analytical thinking – Comprehend and identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative, conceptual or inductive reasoning. Use data to make decisions. Use forecasting to infer something may be going well or not well.
- Customer focus – Customers are all internal to Telkom, this role requires a strong competency to work with your peers in providing visibility across the entire company.
- Focus – not deviating from the turnaround plan. Ensuring all our initiatives and progress is towards impacting our top and bottom-line initiatives.
- Communication – being able to articulate to senior management as well as all employees with factual based communication. In-depth understanding of the business issues that affect the telecommunications industry.
- Capability to accumulate, summarize and interpret significant amounts of data and information from business units, support units and distill it to the key points that help Senior Management analyze a given situation.
- Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Excellent presentation, reporting and communications skills
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.