Position: PMO Lead
Reporting to: Director Transformation and Performance
Business Unit: Transformation
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast Fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Role Purpose: PMO Lead is responsible for significant, organization-wide projects, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors and stakeholders. S/He will coordinate people, resources and processes to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce the desired result.
Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- End to end direct responsibility of project implementation benefits realization and project prioritization.
- Familiarize self with Telkom Kenya’s strategic intent in respect to product offering and target clientele, as well as their specific requirements.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility while providing leadership and oversight to a team of technical program / project managers.
- Work with business sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives/priority and take into account resource availability.
- Manage delivery schedules and budgets to ensure project delivery is on time, within scope and in budget.
- Establish project governance systems and protocols across the organization and ensure that these are applied across the board.
- Enforce quality gates in all the projects and programs within the domain
- Relationship management with clients and key stakeholders involved in project management.
- Prepare sound communication plans and manage information dissemination
- Oversee companywide training and coaching on Project Management
- Use of standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables
- Manage third party and specialist resources assigned to projects
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks that may impact projects
- Prepare project status reports and steering committee presentations
- Oversee creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation throughout the project Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage team, ensuring achievement of goals, capability, and optimal deployment
- Resource allocation through coordination of internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
Academic background & Professional Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT,
- Telecommunications or related field.
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in managing complex technical projects.
- Experience in telecoms required, but focus is on general understanding.
- Functional experience in the following fields is valuable in the role: organizational change, product / go-to-market strategy, distribution strategy, sales force effectiveness, customer experience / centricity / loyalty, business development, pricing, CAPEX planning, operational efficiency / process optimization
Here are the skills we are looking for:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Project management
- Planning and organizing
- Business process analysis/modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong business, financial acumen commercial experience.
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.