The FMCG market has continued to record growth and recovery over the last few months, after having recorded a slow down since the pronouncement of the Covid-19 pandemic in March.
As a result, our client, a leading FMCG manufacturer with a huge market footprint in Kenya and the region seeks to recruit a candidate who is dynamic, results oriented energetic and self-driven for the position of Trade Marketing Co-ordinator (TMC).
Job title: Trade Marketing Co-ordinator
Salary Range: Kshs 100,000 – 150,000 Gross
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Positions: One (1) Position
Overall purpose of the Job: Do you want to be the force that will get our clients products in front of consumers? The role will be the first line of sales, making products appealing to the distributors, wholesalers and retailers who will then sell them to our final consumers.
This role sits at the middle of the trade marketing funnel and connects our client to the final consumer. The Trade Marketing Coordinator role will be responsible for developing and executing business and marketing strategies and integrated programs that drive profitable growth and increase the long-term value of our brands in various channels and partners across the trade.
At the core of this is to drive top of mind awareness and love for our client’s brands at the retail point of sale through instore execution excellence.
The incumbent will lead in ensuring consistent achievement of numeric and weighted distribution of our client’s brands, as well as driving visibility of our client’s products in the most cost-effective way.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Develop merchandising and visibility guidelines, promotion strategy, POSM, and other trade activities direction for both general trade and modern trade
- Manage the implementation of plans for merchandising and promotion in the outlets in order to achieve brand, volume and share objectives and targets.
- Spearhead the development and deployment of marketing communication and lead the development of BTL communication objectives aligned to the specific brand objective
- Develop, execute, and perform programs created to enhance store and trade presence within retail and wholesale outlets to ensure that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies.
- Manage the merchandising deployment for campaigns in the Trade channel, content & support creation management, implementation, and analytical and qualitative evaluation.
- Provide trade and channel insight during Innovation & Renovation projects, including the development and communication of the trade launch and deliver a new product launches to the market & ensure effective implementation of the plan.
- Collaboration with commercial team at all times for clarity of objectives, progress and future Below the Line action plans so that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Design and Implement Promotional plans and strategies by channel or regions
- Develop a training and team development plan for the field team and shelf stockers to execute the trade marketing plan.
- Manage third party agencies executing BTL and branding activities in trade.
- Manage contracted retail outlets in terms of contract compliance, optimal maintenance, and placement of company material
Person Specification (Qualifications and Skills)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Finance, or any other business-related field.
- Must have 2-3 years’ working experience in sales and marketing departments of a business in a FMCG and highly competitive environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a trade marketing management-additional Sales experience is an added advantage.
- Experience must cover budget management, marketing planning and portfolio marketing mix management.
- Strong project management abilities in order to effectively oversee an organization’s strategy and project implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills are valuable for collaborating with colleagues, overseeing personnel, and representing an organization
- Strong analytical abilities and commercial understanding with intellect and curiosity
- Proactive and assertive with strong relational and networking skills.
- Strong time management skills and self-motivation skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- A suitable candidate will also demonstrate strong business acumen and have proven planning skills and executive presence
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in dynamic and rewarding Manufacturing sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email: email@example.com
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Thursday 10th December 2020.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.