Our client, Society Stores Supermarket, a fast-growing mass market Kenyan supermarket focused on delivering quality goods at affordable prices, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and Logistics, the Warehouse Manager will be responsible for organizing the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost involve in transportation, stock control and monitoring the flow of goods
- Managing all the stock both weekly stock to daily check of the stock cards and the stock sheets
- Receiving and dispatching of goods in/out of warehouse and ensuring all delivery notes are signed by the respective people
- Reporting of any damaged goods, short expiry / expired goods, excess and slow-moving goods
- Managing of the stock orders and goods in and out of the warehouse
- Assisting the Procurement team in making LPO to suppliers when necessary
- Monitor performance and ensure optimum utilization of labour by providing the necessary corrective support to staff to enhance efficiency at the warehouse
- Coordinating and facilitating the stocks orders to ensure goods received in /out are of quality levels and customer specifications
- Coordinating stock usage and ensuring efficient stock to cover day’s orders
- Reconciling closing stocks in/out at end of the day and preparing accurate reports of the stocks in the warehouse using IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Facilitating proper maintenance of a clean and hygienic work environment within the warehouse
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Purchasing and Supplies management
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience with at least 1 year in the Retail Sector.
- Good understanding of warehousing, principles and procedures.
- Experience in stock control and dispatch planning.
- Very good communication and organization skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- High energy, aggressive and enthusiasm
- Good knowledge of IT systems for managing stock
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com the subject heading ‘FLOOR SUPERVISOR by 22nd December 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.