Job Title: YWCA Programs Officer
Reports to: Head of Programs
Young Women Christian Association Kenya (YWCA) is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization founded in 1912.
YWCA, through its work brings girls and women together in an effort to respond to the socio- economic, political and cultural issues affecting them.
It is affiliated to the world YWCA, and its purpose is to develop the collective power of girls and women in Kenya to achieve social, economic, political and cultural “emancipation”.
Job Description Role:
The position is responsible for Program Development and Implementation: Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programs/projects; monitors and analyzes program/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Provide exceptional support to the Head of Programs in developing annual work plans and monitoring their execution against the project baseline, including activities, deliverables, schedule, and associated costs, and ensure achievement.
- Initiate and participate in developing, implementing and evaluating operational management plans, budgets and business process improvement programs aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support and coordinate resource mobilization efforts, including timely submission of proposals.
- Prepare technical and financial reports in consultation with Finance and project team members for timely reporting to Management and donors.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between Project, Communication and Administrative Teams.
- Prepare necessary documentation and execute project sub-agreements, memoranda of understanding, consultancies, ensuring full compliance to establish institutional policies and processes, monitor their implementation, and ensure smooth closure of contracts.
- Contribute towards management of stakeholder expectations; tracking and monitoring of project deliverables, including monitoring of the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project work plans.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient tools for project tracking to monitor and report on all activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Carry out any other duties to reinforce effective and efficient project administration.
- Attend periodic internal meetings and represent YWCA as appropriately delegated, at external meetings.
- Analyze reports, draw conclusions and make presentations that will result in effective decision-making.
- Identify and act to mitigate potential risks within your own work area.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree related to international development, Gender studies, Development studies, Social sciences
- Up to five (5) years’ work experience in program management in an NGO setting.
- Strong program management ability and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Respect for cultural diversity, with the ability to fit into a diverse team.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills with good command of English.
- Self-driven with ability to work unsupervised
- Grants management experience from working with donors, international agencies or international NGOs.
- Ability to seek information independently and to analyze complex data in order to make assessments.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills.
- Administrative competence and computer skills (incl. Word, Excel, Power Point)
Applicants are encouraged to indicate salary expectations.
Selection will be on a rolling basis.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 7th January 2021.
Human Resources Officer,
YWCA National Headquarter,
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.