Job Advertisement: APDK Chief Executive Officer
APDK is the largest National Non-Governmental Organization in the country whose goal is to promote an inclusive society for persons with different abilities promotes, equal rights and have access to affordable quality rehabilitation services to become self-reliant.
APDK has a network of 10 branches in the country with over 400 employees and government seconded staff.
The organization works in collaboration with the National, County governments and Key International Partners.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors and serves as the secretary of the board and is responsible for the daily operations, management of senior administrative staff public relations, resources mobilization / fundraising setting annual income goals, among other responsibilities.
She/he Ensures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
This position is based on a three (3) years’ Performance Based Renewable Contract.
- Maintains communication with the Board of Directors, submits regular programmatic and financial reports and proposes strategies to further the mission of the organisation.
- Manages and oversees projects and programs and ensures compliance with government and donor regulations.
- Program, Product and Service Delivery
- Fundraising planning and implementation, identifying resource requirements opportunities, establishing strategies to approach Donors/Partners, submitting proposals and administering fundraising records and documentation.
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources and ensures that the organisation complies with relevant tax and other laws.
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures
- Coordinates management of branches throughout the country as a liaison officer between the board of Directors and branch committees.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- A Masters degree in Business Management, Project Management or Strategic Management or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of managing a large and diverse NGO
- Experience in engaging with multidisciplinary teams
- Profound team player, interpersonal and communication skills
- Result-driven approach and ability to liaise and leverage at senior level
- Good IT skills in MS Office
- Exposure to digital tools and applications in the context of community development practice would be advantageous
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior management position of a large NGO
The deadline for applications in soft copy is 22nd January 2021 at 5.00 pm.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
Applicants should indicate expected salary and attach a Curriculum Vitae (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities along with a Covering letter) addressed to:
The APDK Board Chairman, APDK P.O Box 46747 – 00100 Nairobi
and indicating motivation for the role, 3 references and current salary.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 8th February 2021.
This is a full-time position on a 3-year renewable performance based contract and based in Nairobi.
APDK is committed to equal opportunities, cultural and religious diversity.
Persons with Disability are highly encouraged to apply.