Our client, an Established Law Firm with offices in Nairobi and Kisumu counties is seeking to hire competent and qualified professionals as Associate Advocates, to be based at any of these locations.
The successful candidates will be a creative, reliable individual of high integrity with a good track record in their previous employment.
Position Summary: The position provides legal and representation services to clients and reports to the Partners. Successful candidates will be expected to have excellent practical experience in Litigation (both Civil and Criminal), Conveyancing, Labour Laws and Employment Relations matters, Family law, Constitutional law, Banking and Commercial law practice. .
- Draft legal documents of high quality e.g. court pleadings summons, affidavits
- Proof read all documents before dispatch, submission , registration, filing etc
- Attend client briefings, meetings and interviews as directed by Partners
- Conduct research on legal issues as directed by Partners/or required by the firm’s clients’
- Work in liaison with the Office Administrator and Court Clerks to ensure that documents are filed, registered, stamped and served on third parties in a timely manner at all times
- Prepare fee-notes in consultation with Partners and follow-up on pending payments
- Attend court with and on behalf of the firm’s clients in respect of all court matters
- Maintain updated records of all the firm’s clients’
- Train and supervise new staff when required
- Attendance at Lands registries, companies registries and court registries as and when necessary
- Quality control to ensure all client documents adhere to standard requirements at all times
Qualifications and Skills
- LLB Degree from a recognised university
- Advocate of the High Court with a valid practising certificate
- At least 3-4 years post admission experience in a Law Firm
- A flexible, mature individual with analytical, negotiation and decision making skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and respectful team player
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Proven experience in Litigation, Conveyance and Commercial practice
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under stress and in a busy environment
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the Position Title, Location, Current and Expected salary on the subject line.
Applications must be received by Friday, 5th February, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the above qualifications will be contacted.