Job Title: Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique: providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic, and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Rationale: As we organize ourselves to be a world class Business, Our Cloud Infrastructure sits at our core and has been given extreme focus as a pillar for growth. We are in the business of helping people and businesses doing well and we will do this only if we care more about their success.
We have hence organized ourselves to continually build successful products and change the African market by providing products that cater to our customer demands ensuring we keep at the top of our market maintaining consistent quality in our delivery.
Do you care about building highly available and scalable computing infrastructure?
The Technology team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and share in the responsibility of building and maintaining Cellulant’s rapidly expanding IT Infrastructure.
The role sits at the core of the organization’s platforms. It requires being an innovative engineer able to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
You possess vast experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies.
A background in I.T. Computer Science, or Computer Systems Engineering is required for this role. Deep Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux, Windows, Network/IP based systems is highly desirable. The main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
Excellent verbal, written communication skills is a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team-oriented environment. It is important to be customer oriented.
About the Team:
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
Qualifications for the role
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline
- Minimum 4 years’ Experience as a System Engineer
- Experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, etc.)
- Experience with Virtualization platforms (KVM, Citrix, VMware or HyperV) is desirable
- Experience with programming/scripting languages
- Experience deploying infrastructure on public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Rackspace)
- Experience building high availability infrastructure
- A solid understanding of Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Experience managing container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes) will be an added advantage
- Experience with Relational Databases (MS SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines
- A degree of knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure
Nice to have
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting, automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced configuration management systems, for example Chef, Puppet
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted