Job Title: Senior QA Engineer – 1-year Contract (Extension based on Performance)
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Mozambique; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic, and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Job Summary: Oversee and perform manual & Automated testing on all applications from the earliest opportunity and with precision before any application is deployed to production.
Communicating all test issues effectively to the QA manager. Managing the daily workload of a Tester and giving direction on projects. Participate in the test automation tool selection and adoption process; Develop and execute automated test suites using COTS and custom tools; Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce & manage level test plans, estimate effort and resource test plans
- Monitor changes to scope during the development cycle and re-evaluate plans and resource accordingly
- Manage expectations of when testing activities will be complete mitigating risks to key milestones
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure key infrastructure (environments, interfaces & access) is set-up to enable all required testing activities
- Manage the UAT process by supporting clients to establish key scenarios to test their business processes to maximize benefit of the UAT process ensuring full acceptance and integration of the software solution
- Assign work to QA Engineers and manage successful completion of work to set deadlines
- Manage processes and procedures locally within the test team and with external teams across the SDLC to drive and implement improvements to optimize efficiency and first-time pass rate
- Measure, develop and optimize quality of team outputs and performance.
- Build test scripts from various sources including functional specifications, technical specifications and sessions with developers and designers
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various Software Cafeteria products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Execute automated tests and validate the results.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Development team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- To facilitate in-house performance testing ensuring that all key infrastructure, data requirements are met as well as establishing the best tools for the job
- Identify key components of the system that are suitable for automation and implement approach to deliver benefits through automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration tool (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.) Experience with GitLab to implement for the CI/CD pipeline Experience with containerization tools
Results Tracking and Reporting
- Monitor defects raised by the team and challenge their prioritization supporting to resolution.
- Manage all issues that impact on the team’s ability to complete testing activities on schedule
- Create and maintain manual test repositories and regression test packs with a view of constant optimization to improve test estimates
- Create, maintain, and manage test related documentation
Management and Supervisory
- Provide the QA Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Assist the QA Manager in preparing test plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Take responsibility to ensure all solutions delivered meet the highest quality standards
- Provide the QA Manager with performance assessments for assigned junior personnel.
- Participate in tester interviews, including administering interviews for QA Engineers and Test Automation Engineers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Understanding of agile software development Understanding of web service integration (e.g.: REST and SOAP XML).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages like JAVA, Kotlin, Python, Ruby etc.
- Database skills, mainly in MySQL
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, J2EE architecture, .NET, etc.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, like LoadRunner, HP ALM 11, Rational Robot, Selenium, Appium etc.
- Experienced in Manual Testing at levels of Unit & System covering Functional tests
- Have strong SQL skills and be able to confidently test batch processes
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.