We are currently seeking qualified a Chef to be based in our Bamboo Restaurant at GMC Fun Place located in Kitengela.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plans and implements an excellent dining experience.
- Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Produce high quality food both design and taste wise.
- Assist in ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets quality standards.
- Fill in for the Head Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Ensuring FIFO policy is followed.
- Ensures the highest level of food safety
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Monitor stocks for the required ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Keeps the head chef fully informed of all rising issues, unusual matters of significance, promptly taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Comply with and assist in enforcing sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Visiting clients on the table from time to time for quality check and customer service.
- Handles guest feedback with regards to quality / variety of food served.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in food production or relevant field.
- At least 2-years of experience as a Chef in a competitive environment.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
- Knowledgeable in Food Safety.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Application for Chef Position” being the subject of the email, with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.