Job Title: ECD Teacher (Montessori)
Location: South B, off Mombasa road, Nairobi
Reports to: Head Teacher
Job Summary: Responsible for creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills, assessing children’s individual needs and communicating with parents as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe, guide, supervise, and assess children while they learn in the classroom environment.
- Develop lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
- Integrate use of technology in the classroom
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
- Establish rapport and build relationships with students based on trust.
- Set an excellent example for students and instill good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
- Monitor and assess student progress and write up reports.
- Ensure classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
- Update records on the school database
- Participate in school activities and accompany students on field trips.
- Meet with the Head of Department/Head Teacher on a regular basis.
- Adhere to the guidelines of the Ministry of Education.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Diploma/Degree in Early Child Development/Teaching, Education, or a related discipline.
- Experience in Montessori learning
- Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center.
- TSC registered.
- Must be tech savvy
- An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
- Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 14th January 2021.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.