Our client, a leading outpatient health service provider in Eastern Kenya seeks to recruit a Finance Manager who will provide leadership and professional knowledge, skills and abilities in finance and accounting to ensure outstanding financial and accounting services to the company.
Job Location: Embu
Reports to: Managing Director
Levels of Authority:
Direct reports: Credit controller, Claims & billing, Accounts & bookkeeping, ICT
- Cash Flow management
- Debt management
- Financial risk & compliance
- Financial systems
- Management information system
- Budget control
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Overall management of finance, accounting and ICT in the company.
- Provide leadership & supervision of accounting, finance, and ICT staff
- Provide professional input for development and application of financial, accounting and ICT policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with ISO quality systems standards
- Ensure appropriate financial and ICT control systems are established and maintained
- Ensure financial and ICT risks are identified, controlled, avoided, and reported if they occur
- Interpretation of financial statements and reports
- Sustain healthy company cash flow
- Provide effective leadership in credit & debt control management
- Work with MD/ CEO to formulate short to long-term financial strategies and plans
- Provide leadership for heads of department (HODs) to acquire skills in developing and managing annual departmental budgets.
- Develop budget follow-up timetable to ensure discipline of financial management by all budgeters
- Liaise with external auditors and consultants to ensure integrity of the hospital financial and ICT systems
- Develop good working relationships with: insurance companies, banks, auditors, KRA and other relevant institutions
- Produce regular, accurate & timely financial & ICT reports
- Presenting financial reports and information with clarity to investors and other stakeholders.
- Provide robust system for internal inventory & stock control and auditing
- Ensure well controlled & financial prudent procurement and inventory management system
- Ensure standard procurement practices are conducted within the hospital
- Ensure proper inventory and stock management in the facility
- Monitor and ensure prudent debt management for the organization
- Support HR in the recruitment of new accounts & finance staff.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers and other partners
- Ensure compliance with KRA, NHIF, NSSF, Medical Board and other state/ regulatory bodies
- Create a culture of teamwork by empowering and enabling your team to enjoy working.
- Create an environment of employee happiness that achieves results through collaborative working.
- Provide professional advice to all HODs regarding budget development and control.
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with stakeholder e.g. Banks, Suppliers, investors etc
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance option) or equivalent qualifications
- Masters in Finance/ accounting, or business management/ administration is of added advantage
- CPA(K)/ACCA holder
- CFA(I/II) Holder (added advantage)
- Management/Leadership certification
- 5-years’ relevant work experience in accounts & finance in management within a reputable organization
Skills & Competencies Required
- Accounting and numeracy skills
- Effective communication – verbal, written and PPT
- Accuracy and decision making
- Cash flow management skills
- Problem solving skills & initiative
- Leadership and emotional intelligence skills
- Resources management skills
- Learning & self-improvement
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- ICT savvy
- Decision making
- Report writing and presentation skills
Expected Performance Standards
- Provide accurate & timely Finance and Accounting monthly reports by the 5th of every month
- Ensure accurate financial information is recorded on the Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) at all times
- Ensure credit receivables days is kept within target of <90 days
- Provide monthly budgets & budget variance is kept below 5%
- Ensure 6 monthly external audits are performed
- Ensure adequate supplies are available in the hospital and all stocks are properly managed
- Ensure ICT systems are functional, updated and backed up at all times
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance Manager-Healthcare on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.