Job Title: Finance Manager
Industry: Renewable Energy
Our client is a leading battery and renewable energy distributor in East Africa with branches in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia as well as a network of over 2000 distributors in the East African region.
They seek to hire a well-experienced Finance Manager who will be responsible for providing overall strategic leadership to the finance function, enforcing financial policies, procedures & processes / controls and the reporting and accounting aspects of the organization.
- Manage and coordinate the financial functions and team ensuring respective financial and accounting tasks are concluded within set timelines, providing and interpreting financial reports
- Ensure timely generation of monthly management accounts and yearly financial reports for external audit as requested and within set timelines.
- Establish accurate budget, forecast, financial simulations and specific analyses and reports in consultation with the relevant executive team members and the General Manager.
- Give operational support and financial guidance to the Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia subsidiaries.
- Implementation of Navision system, ensuring proper utilization of the financial function for efficiency in service delivery
- Set and give direction on controls; sales policies and Navision system policy, ensuring compliance
- In charge of all internal controlling aspects and financial processes to ensure business integrity
- Monitor, review and assess financial performance.
- Explore and evaluate options and implement initiatives to continually improve finance performance
- Operational contact and responsible for liaising with auditors, external financial bodies such as court auditors, regulatory bodies, and any other relevant partners and authorities.
- Ensure compliance with fiscal requirements and advise the management on any changes in financial, tax regulations and legislations
- Responsible for timely collection of receivables and for payables
- Ensure timely and accurate, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Monitoring the depots/branches and randomly checking on compliance of sales processes and policies.
- Management of all company assets; fixed and movable, including fleet and fixed assets management, ensuring replacement of such assets as vehicles within acceptable time lines
- Monitor the stock holdings ensuring that month end stock take is done at all depots/branches and reconciliation documents sent and analyzed by the team to ensure physical stock holding agrees with the Navision system.
- Review and approval all LPOs, payables and costings, making changes as necessary
- Ensure tax compliance and statutory payments, and remittance within set time frames
- Monitor expenditures (including wage and bonus bill, administration costs, distribution costs, warranty costs etc.) analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management. Propose and implement corrective actions aiming to achieve and exceed approved targets.
- Monitor and review credit control limits, trade discounts, monthly debtors listing and collections
- Monitoring of profit margins for all product types, ensuring delivery of decent profit margins on all products.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities
- Develop financial management mechanisms (including controls) that continuously minimize financial risks and fraud
- Managing and monitoring the company’s annual capital expenditure
- Any other duties that may be delegated from time to time
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related field of study. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification; ACCA or CPA-K
- Member of a relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK
- 7 – 10 years of experience as a Finance Manager
- Experience working in the automotive or renewable energy industry preferred
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of an ERP (Microsoft Dynamics 2017-Navision) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the country’s tax system.
- Knowledge of IFRS principles
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Performance oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Hands on, business awareness and customer oriented.
- Talent for problem solving.
- Good managerial skills.
- Big picture thinking capacity.
- Ability to sell the vision, Business/ Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Manager– Nairobi) to email@example.com on or before Tuesday 12th January 2021.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.