EXCITING FINANCIAL ANALYST CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN FMCG (BAKERY)
Our client, a leading FMCG manufacturer in Bread and Confectionery seeks to recruit a dynamic, results oriented energetic and self-driven individual for the position.
Job title: Financial Analyst
Department : Finance and Accounts
Salary Range: Kshs 120,000 – 200,000 Gross
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: Kisumu, Kenya.
Number of Positions: One (1) Position
Role Overview: The role holders will be responsible for tracking the company’s financial performance against the overall business strategy as well as the finance strategic plan, analyze business performance and market conditions to create forecasts, and provide reports for senior management to make tactical and strategic decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing all bookkeeping and reports prepared by the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Conducting regular and thorough business expense reviews to advise on operational efficiencies
- Translating plan-to-actual variances to root cause analysis and operational improvement suggestions for business units
- Providing analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Breaking down accounting records to prepare reports on the company financial position weekly
- Budgeting and planning; Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Performing financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Recommending actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in work procedures and assess the possible financial impact e.g. cost-benefit analysis
- Stock analysis and preparation of stock movement reports
- Reconciling data and reports, resolve discrepancies and collaborate across various Finance and non-Finance functions effectively
- Analyzing past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Evaluating financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Heading the Finance team in preparing management reports every month
- Identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance
- Accounting Certification – CPA/ACCA
- Possession of CFA Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- 3 years minimum professional experience in a similar role.
- Hands on experience with any ERP system
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of accounting applications
- Budgetary monitoring
- Process discipline
- Strong business and financial acumen and strong commercial experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Excellent presentation, reporting and communications skills
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in dynamic and rewarding FMCG sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email: email@example.com
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th January 2021.
Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.