Location: Buru Buru, Nairobi
A private education provider that exists to nurture globally competitive students through unique programs and valuable experiences, is recruiting a French Teacher to join their school.
Job Purpose: The French Teacher will be tasked with teaching students how to speak and write in French, developing a range of assessments including written and oral tests, and creating an overall positive learning experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the capabilities of the students and develop appropriate lesson plans and curricula.
- Pronounce words and phrases and explain their meanings to students.
- Conduct research to develop appropriate learning materials, language games, and other teaching aids.
- Use both in-class activities and online resources and platforms to create a blended learning environment.
- Teaching the various tiers of French to students.
- Develop and grade informal and formal written and oral assessments.
- Schedule feedback sessions with students and provide extra support or enrichment activities as required.
- Make recommendations to students for further learning and development.
- Organize conversational classes and fun events where students can engage with French culture.
- Update records and handle various administrative duties.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree/Diploma in Education with a specialization in French
- Proven experience as a French Teacher.
- TSC registered.
- Proven proficiency in oral and written French.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and resilience.
- Innovative thinking.
- Good administration skills.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 29th January 2021
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.