Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Reports to: Managing Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and Manage all the pre-qualifications and present them to the Management for review and approval.
- Sourcing for relevant tenders.
- Coordinate and communicate proposal document delivery and costing requirements to meet proposal due dates while raising, tracking and documenting issues.
- Ensures all relevant documentation for bid proposals is complete and accurate.
- Ensure all technical, commercial and contractual correspondence with Suppliers are efficiently addressed and closed out.
- Prepare written proposals, financial proposals and attach all the relevant documentation.
- Observe tender deadlines and deliver before/on time.
- Contribution in cost and price calculations.
- Coordination of tender reviews and deadlines and adjust them to the frameworks given.
Sales and Marketing
- On the days you are not preparing tenders you will be selling and marketing the company’s services.
- Social media marketing.
- Telesales and email marketing.
- Pre-planning weekly sales prospects.
- Networking, Cold calling and visiting potential customers.
- Sending proposals.
- Record information on a database and maintain clients’ database.
- Target appropriate customers-Facilities, premises, Companies, Healthcare, Hospitality, Commercial, Industrial, Education etc.
- Negotiating the sales and clinching business with clients
- Assist with general office administration functions.
- Compile and update the bids/quotations register.
- Compile and check bids and quotations with the administrative responsiveness criteria.
- Keep record of all approved submissions in a file.
- Ensure billing and invoicing is done within the set timelines.
- Monitor validities of closed tenders.
- Write monthly reports on tenders evaluated.
- Arrange bid committee meetings with all role-players.
- Distribute adjudicated submissions to relevant Units.
- Degree in Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration (Sales and Marketing Option will be an added advantage).
- Social media marketing will be an added advantage.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and hardworking.
- Good understanding of Tender Management Process.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Office Computer applications.
- Result oriented
- Interpersonal Relations
- Open – minded
- Communication and Negotiation
- Analytical and Financial Management
- Project Management and Planning
- Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before 25th January 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.