Job Title: Head of Kitchen
Gross Salary: 40K – 50K
Are you an experienced leader?
Are you value-based and experienced in leading kitchen operations?
Are you a driven and motivated individual with an aim of growing your culinary expertise.
Our client is a well-established restaurant catering to a niche market in the Thika region.
They are looking to hire an experienced Head of Kitchen, who will be tasked with managing the kitchen team and ensuring quality food is served to all customers.
- Oversee all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Develop menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Ensure food portions are maintained and food presentation is correct
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, stock closing and organize the issuing and receiving of kitchen supplies
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Degree in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- 2 years experience leading kitchen operations
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, problem solving skills, and be keen to small details
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Charismatic and mature individual
- Well groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Kitchen) to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before Tuesday 19th January 2021
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.