The Research and Programs Office at Kenyatta National Hospital in collaboration with the University of Washington is seeking to fill the following positions.
HOPE study is looking to hire 3 nurses and 5 retention officers to be based in Nairobi and Kisumu starting March 2021.
The objective of HOPE study is to understand the effect of maternal HIV status and treatment on long term developmental and mental health outcomes.
This study will be conducted in Kenyan children and adolescents age 6 weeks-18 years at 5 hospitals in Nairobi and Kisumu.
Position: Study Nurse (3 Positions)
Qualified Kenyan candidates are invited to fill the above positions on one year renewable contract subject to merit, ability and competencies as reflected in work performance and results.
Reports to: Study Coordinator, Principal Investigator
Location: Nairobi and Kisumu Counties
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and enrolling participants into the study
- Ensure a seamless and coordinated running of the study in their site
- Conducting enrollment and follow-up procedures
- Supervising retention officers
- Providing summaries of enrollments
- Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Nursing council
- Certificates in Human Subjects Protection
- Two (2) years relevant research experience
- Effective Communication English, Kiswahili
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Good time Management
- Team Player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Client service support and public relations
- Must be conversant with the study area
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST send a cover letter stating current position of employment highlighting duties and responsibilities and state date of availability to begin work if successful.
Attach CV indicating two (2) referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts and relevant copies certificates and testimonials.
Also include two (2) recommendation letters (minimum) and a copy of last pay slip and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 25th January, 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by February 2nd, 2021