The Research and Programs Office at Kenyatta National Hospital in collaboration with the University of Washington is seeking to fill the following positions.
HOPE study is looking to hire 3 nurses and 5 retention officers to be based in Nairobi and Kisumu starting March 2021.
The objective of HOPE study is to understand the effect of maternal HIV status and treatment on long term developmental and mental health outcomes.
This study will be conducted in Kenyan children and adolescents age 6 weeks-18 years at 5 hospitals in Nairobi and Kisumu.
Position: Retention Officer (5 Positions)
Qualified Kenyan candidates are invited to fill the above positions on one year renewable contract subject to merit, ability and competencies as reflected in work performance and results.
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
Location: Nairobi and Kisumu Counties
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up recruited and enrolled participants.
- Contacting study participants to remind them clinic days
- Ensuring that the study participants comply with study procedures.
- Work closely with the nurses to ensure a seamless and coordinated running of the study.
- Provide an effective personalized and individual support service to the study participants.
- Prepare daily clinic summary reports of women screened and recruited into the study
- Tracing of study participants.
- Providing to the Study Coordinator weekly activities report
- Diploma in Social Work, Community Development or any other relevant course
- Two years experience in HIV and ART Management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated support with HIV and adherence in adolescence
1. Effective Communication English, Kiswahili
2. Ability to work under minimum supervision
3. Good time Management
4. Team Player
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Client service support and public relations
7. Must be conversant with the study area
8. Computer literate
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST send a cover letter stating current position of employment highlighting duties and responsibilities and state date of availability to begin work if successful.
Attach CV indicating two (2) referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts and relevant copies certificates and testimonials.
Also Include two (2) recommendation letters (minimum) and a copy of last pay slip and email to email@example.com
The deadline for application is 25th January, 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by February 2nd, 2021