JOB TITLE: HR OFFICER
JOB LOCATION: NAIROBI
Job Summary: We are looking to employ a competent HR Officer with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The HR Officer is expected to be knowledgeable with employment legislation and possess strategic and commercial insight to the labour process.
He or she must have experience dealing with casual labourers and unionized employees.
To ensure success, the HR Officer should display excellent organizational skills, good time- management skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Preparing staff handbooks
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Undertaking regular salary reviews
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Planning and sometimes delivering training, including new staff inductions
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resource management or related field
- Higher Diploma in Human resource management will be an added advantage
- Proven minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proper knowledge on employment and labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Must have previous experience working in a manufacturing industry
- Experience dealing with casual labourers and unionized workers is a must
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27th January 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted