We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of HSSE Officer.
Reports to: HSSE Manager
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide clear leadership to development and construction teams at site in respect of the expectations of the project and its goals and objectives for construction safety performance;
- Ensure contractors comply with the HSSE requirements as documented in the site specific HSSE plan,
- Drive behavior change at projects that lead to a mature safety culture through the reward scheme and implementation of the consequence management framework,
- Carry out specialist tasks, including system audits, task-based risk assessments, site inspections and 5s inspections.
- Ensure the construction site operate with minimal accidents and incidents
- Carrying out incident investigations and reporting,
- Ensure daily toolbox talks are carried out and appropriate training provided as necessary,
- Ensure the Health, Safety & Security Manager is kept apprised of any key HSSE issues at the construction site.
- Ensure contractor obligations on HSSE matters are adhered to as spelt out in the contract and HSSE company policies
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly site HSSE reports for management review.
- Ensure all safe to work systems are implemented at site including permits to work among others.
- Ensure all findings (audits, inspections) are effectively closed out to prevent recurrence,
- Inspire site team to achieve the safety goals and safety excellence through motivating and encouraging communication
- Recognized certifications in Health, safety and Environment,
- Experience in the construction industry is a distinct advantage.
- Strong analytical, data gathering and analysis skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Facilitation and training skills to groups with diverse levels of understanding
- Ability to investigate incidents, accidents and near misses.
- Good understanding of safe work practices e.g. use of permit to work systems.
- Good understanding of OSHA, EMCA and its regulations,
- Risk assessment skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Can work under pressure
- Team player
- Courage to stand up for what they believe on safety and doing the right thing
- Ability to influence site staff, contractors and site workers on safe work practices
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred – science related) with 3-5 Year work experience in the construction industry.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application along with a detailed CV indicating their Current and expected salary, their daytime contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28th January 2021.
The Subject of the email should be the title of position applied for.