The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: ICT MANAGER – NAIROBI
About the Job
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Manager independently manages ICT infrastructure, services and ICT staff within Somalia Delegation.
Under the supervision of ICT Coordinator, s/he leads ICT activities and services in line with the Global ICT Strategy.
S/he contribute to ensure the quality of the ICT support in the designated delegation, providing the required guidance and support to the delegation’s management team regarding the use of technologies, while taking appropriate measures to guarantee an accurate functioning of the ICT set-up, along with the respect of ICT policies and procedures.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi with the possible travel to Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and manages the ICT support related activities in Somalia, under the supervision of ICT Coordinator
- Follows-up the ICT projects and other services in co-ordination with the ICT Coordinator
- In liaison with ICT Coordinator participates in planning and budget implementation
- Reports regularly or upon request to his superiors on the department’s activities, state of projects and issues arising
- Ensures the ICT related information flow inside the department, to/from his superiors, to/from other departments, offices and delegations
- Organizes and supervises the information technology, radio communication, telecommunication and satellite equipment support service team for provision of high level of service
- Maintains contact with authorities for application of licenses and frequencies
- Keeps the telecom and computer networks in its optimum performance, these includes mailboxes, radio-room, mobile installations, Windows Servers and specific set-up
- Supervises all technical aspects of the normal operation of the radio room/s in Somalia
- Monitors ICT stock levels (spare parts, ICT consumable and equipment) and ensures that the ICT Equipment and tools are properly managed; reports immediately in case of lost, stolen or broken equipment
- Verifies that ICT specific set-ups are properly documented
- Manages the operational support by coordinating the ICT Specialists field interventions
- Ensures that the staff members reach the appropriate level of knowledge by designing and organizing relevant trainings
- Ensures that the structure is ready to offer technical support services. These includes equipment maintenance at on-site interventions
- Oversees the ICT tender process, monitors the ICT equipment purchase orders process and manages ICT suppliers’ contracts
- Makes all related information available in the local database and filing system
- Supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under his/her supervision
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent qualification in related field of study
- 5 years’ overall professional experience in ICT field
- ITIL Foundation level certificate
- Strong negotiation and communication skills,
- High organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision
- Independent with sense of responsibility and initiative
- Strong team leadership skills and supervision experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to Apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com.
Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and expected salary range.
The closing date is 1st February 2021.
Clearly indicate the position title ICT Manager in the subject line of your email.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information