The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond.
The Karen Hospital proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
CLINICAL OFFICER – NAIVASHA & THIKA BRANCH
REF No: CO/01/2021
Responsible for providing high quality clinical health care and ensuring smooth running of the hospital following established treatment protocols
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (Take/review the patient’s history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the clinic and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented on patients’ charts.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counseling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Embrace, learn and develop in an evidence-based medical system in line with Karen Hospitals protocols.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations to Main Hospital for specialty or higher-level management.
- Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
- Diploma/HND in clinical medicine and surgery from a recognized institution.
- Echo cardiology training is an added advantage.
- 3 years of work experience after internship
- Registered with Clinical Officers Council and have a valid practicing license
- Outstanding patient interaction/customer care skills are a must
- Great team player with drive for results and enjoys being part of a team
- Demonstrable leadership, Organization and decision-making skills.
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ OR you can send your detailed CV to us on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 15th January 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted