Our client, Kasha Technologies Ltd (kasha.co), an exciting and fast-growing eCommerce start-up company in East Africa focused on women’s health and personal care, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi:
Offline Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Director, the Offline Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing the offline marketing strategy to enhance the Kasha Kenya brand offline.
The person will work closely with the mass market, creative and sales teams, and will be responsible for growing brand love and equity offline, ensuring the Kasha brand becomes a household name within the mass market community in the counties we operate in across the country.
The ideal candidate should have common knowledge of best practices to target customers and retailers in the mass market segment, enjoy interacting with our customers and agents and understand how to build, convert and retain this target audience.
He/She will also be collecting and reviewing data of offline activities to better understand the Kasha customer and return on marketing investment is essential to this role.
- Develop a strong brand image and ensure creative, communications and pricing are current
- Grow brand and media coverage through offline channels like Activations, Print, PR, Fliers, OOH, TV, Radio, WOM, etc.
- Manage the USSD Platform working with tech and sales teams to ensure great customer experience at all times.
- Work closely with agents and registered retailers to ensure they have the necessary marketing materials and promotions to grow product sales.
- Analyze patterns in consumer and market behaviour. Through various research and analysis, identify areas of improvement in offline marketing strategies with a view to establishing actionable insights for improving sales.
- Monitor the marketing activities of competitors and ensure the mass market manager and other team members are made aware of this activity and how it might impact the Company’s sales activities
- Identify new trends and emerging markets to ensure the Company stays ahead of the curve, maintains a competitive advantage, stays ahead of its competition in the market and avoids stagnation in the marketplace.
- Manage the mass market departmental calendar in order to maximiser opportunities around new product push, sales promotions and campaign activities for the purpose of maximizing sales
- Present offline marketing results to the sales team and analyze performance for the purpose of reporting offline marketing strategy successes, weaknesses and opportunities
- Manage and monitor the success of all offline marketing campaigns including the analysis of ROI
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in trade marketing and brand building
- Ideally have experience in marketing to both B2B and B2C
- Experience in evaluating product/market situations and analyzing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable marketing strategies and approaches
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get to work in the field.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to tailor messages in relation to the audience at hand and to present even the most complex messages in clear, simple and convincing terms. These skills must be excellent in both written and verbal form
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of effective PR and marketing communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to run successful marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under the pressure of deadlines and targets
- Demonstrate strong time and project management skills
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of marketing best practice and have an eye for creative marketing opportunities
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading ‘OFFLINE MARKETING MANAGER’ by 22nd January 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.