Job Title: Mill Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Gross Salary: 70k
Our client is an established maize milling company based in Thika.
They seek to hire a Mill Manager to oversee the planning and coordination of the production processes and ensure production runs smoothly, efficiently and finished products meet quality standards.
The job holder will be ensuring optimal operation and maintenance of the plant machinery to achieve scheduled productivity at set quality and budgeted costs.
- Production planning and implementing the most efficient, reliable and cost-effective production schedules and engineering processes to meet production requirements.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly and sales orders and plan production/work orders/schedule and processes and ensure execution to meet production targets.
- Review orders progress and adjust production schedules as appropriate.
- Review and recommend modifications to production processes and operations to make sure that production output, standards, and quality targets are achieved.
- Monitoring and recording the maize meal production processes and taking necessary corrective measures should the process deviate from standard operating conditions that ensure optimum productivity and quality products.
- Ensuring correct amounts of materials usage for cost effective production and that the produced maize meal meets statutory requirements/specifications including fortification.
- Ability to attain maize meal outputs requirements to meet budgeted sales targets as well as satisfy desired warehouse inventory levels.
- Maximizing maize meal extraction through correct rollers-settings, sieves maintenance and conditioning parameters.
- Execution of Planned maintenance activities to maximize plant up-time and ensure proper care of all plant equipment’s.
- Ensuring that all Exhaust systems and other mill machinery are operating correctly.
- Ensure adherence to scheduled cleaning regimes and fumigation.
- Efficient labor planning to achieve man-hour productivity targets, mentor and coach operators for skill development.
- Maintaining accurate milling and equipment’s performance data to inform right strategic decisions. Accurate daily production and process performance records is critical.
- Knowledge of maize grain quality aspects/specifications and basic storage requirements to guide procurement and stores personnel appropriately.
- Any other duty assigned by Management.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering / Food Technology or other related course
- OR Diploma in Production Technology with at least 5 years’ experience in a busy grain milling environment
- Technical skills in plant and Equipment maintenance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player – strong People management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Mill Manager – Milling Company) to email@example.com before 1st February 2021.