Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Description: All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Communication with communities and M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Specific technical responsibility for implementation of information management activities in relation to NRC programmes
- Provision specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of displacement affected population in line with the communication with communities, advocacy strategy
- Development and administration of information management system for communication with communities
- Develop relevant use cases within existing software systems to facilitate digital communications via phone, SMS, WhatsApp and other relevant platforms as needed.
- Manage engagement on software utilized for digital communications, including but not limited to Telerivet and Twilio.
- In collaboration with relevant staff members, devises and maintains a system for the classification and management of content of online information systems and platforms including digital communication tools utilized through the Digital Community Hub
- Develop and maintains common formats and metadata schemes online information services to standardize the capture, storage, search and retrieval of content.
- Manage the knowledge architecture, taxonomy and metadata schemes and digital file sharing systems to improve consistency in the content organization with a view to facilitating harmonized and integrated content management, findability, and easy access.
- Prepare and coordinate implementation of policies, standard operating procedures and guidelines for electronic records and documents.
- Oversee inventories of electronic records and the management of records transfer, retention and disposition schedules.
- Manage the acquisition, organization, storage, retrieval and disposition of electronic and physical library materials and other information resources, including facilitation of staff online access
- Coordinate the creation, organization, management and preservation of digital archival records and facilitates their accessibility for internal and external use.
- Keep the terminology, taxonomies, ontologies, indexing and other classification systems and structures up to date.
- Provide training and guidance to relevant stakeholders to enable them to utilize relevant digital communication software such as Twilio and Telerivet
- Manage relevant dashboards associated with digital communication tools as per the requirements of programmatic leads
- Assist to develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Assist in development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analyse and present relevant information.
- Support ME and CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s and donors’ requirements.
- Support M&E Team to harmonize and develop feedback and complaints mechanisms tools using appropriate technologies
- Bachelors’ Degree in computer science, information management, statistics or IT related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in digital communication and data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerBi skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and R is desirable.
- Candidates with skills in basic programming knowledge of more than one of the following language: C#, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby have an added advantage.
- A cursory knowledge of telephony and mobile communications infrastructure and management and can articulate needs and requirements for telephony relevant to digital communication environments
- Ability to develop, organize and design short informational documents and training materials relevant to the tools in use
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
About Us: The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Apply Before: 29/01/2021, 02:59