The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Reporting to the Deputy Director Medical Services the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and management oversight in the pathology department and ensure delivery of quality and timely pathology services to patients in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, review and ensure compliance to pathology protocols and standards in consultation with other clinical departments in order to ensure quality pathology service delivery in the hospital;
- Ensure delivery of patient centric pathology services in line with established protocols and in order to contribute to overall patience experience;
- Review and develop strategies for early and effective response to the patients presented to pathology department;
- Coordinate medical training including Continuous Medical Education programs for the clinical staff at pathology department;
- Bear overall responsibility pathology clinical staff, supervise and mentor the pathologists in the management, stabilization and treatment of all patients;
- Champion the definition of processes, policies and procedures for the pathology operations in line with the Hospital’s objectives and standards;
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the clinical services in pathology and identify improvement opportunities;
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices, identify key learnings for the pathology operations and proffer recommendations to the Director, Medical Services;
- Ensure proper coordination between clinical services at pathology with respect to talent sourcing and retention, service delivery and patients care;
- Coordinate implementation of the Hospital’s quality programs in pathology department;
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of the Deputy Director Medical Services;
- Provide clinical support during emergencies including resuscitation, admission, discharge or referral to the appropriate consultants and units;
- Ensure high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives;
- Prepare the department budget and monitor its implementation upon approval;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the pathology team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Medicine degree in Clinical Pathology from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in clinical pathology with 5 years at management level.
- ACLS, ATLS or APLS training
Technical & Behavioral competencies
- Ability to carry out bone marrow biopsies and post mortems
- Ability to carry out blood transfusions
- Knowledge of bacteria groups
- Ability to operate laboratory machines
- Ability to interpret results
- Knowledge of accurate parameters
- Knowledge of quality control measures such standard deviation and interpretation of curves
- Working knowledge of laboratory information systems
- Patient care skills
- Effective decision-making and judgement skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Team working skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th January 2021.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING OR TRAINING).