The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM OFFICER
Reporting to Management Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring various business information trends and provide relevant reports to facilitate decision making.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a clear trail between Kranium (the front office system) and Navision the financial system;
- Activate Bank reconciliation module in Navision and train all users to ensure Bank reconciliation are done in Navision;
- Map all transactions in Navision from initial source entry to the final accounts including cash flow;
- Map at source exactly which account has been debited and which one has been credited;
- Map all business units to exact Branch, Departments to allow granular levels filtering of business information;
- Carry out income completeness test on a daily basis. Quick test marrying statistics to the revenue reported in Navision and flagging off any incompleteness;
- Ensure each expense posting is passed through the branch and department filter to enable division and sectional reporting.
- Enable development of a management dashboard in Navision for automatic generation of trends, graphs and outliers flagging;
- Monitor various business information trends and provide reports to facilitate decision making;
- Provide support in modelling of projects and financial appraisals of investments projects and new services to drive key investments decisions;
- Identify, document and propose improved procedures to close identified gaps;
- Generate periodic exception reports for implementing of automated internal controls;
- Participate in alignment of the ERP to evolving business process in liaison with ICT;
- Champion customer services excellence and continual improvement;
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvements, and develop and implement solutions;
- Participate in ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies;
- Stay up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems;
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly movement of signed off Revenue from HMIS to ERP system. (This will ensure no variance in financials between the HMIS and ERP);
- Complete data movement from HMIS to ERP to guarantee inventory correctness, as well as debtors and banks;
- Guide and advise on system based controls on the ERP; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Statistics or any other related field from a recognized institution.
- IT savvy and proficient in accounting software applications preferably Navision Dynamics application.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in analytics
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skill
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
- Sound knowledge of macroeconomic and microeconomic environment.
- Working knowledge of financial information management systems
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Problem solving skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th January 2021.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING OR TRAINING).