The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
SENIOR REGISTRARS –INTERNAL MEDICINE
Reporting to Team Leader in Internal Medicine, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out clinical procedures and clinical management of in-patient and out-patient (applicable specialty area) patients in order to offer curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out initial patient assessment, treatment, stabilization and referrals in line with the patients’ condition in order to achieve optimal patient care;
- Carry out non-emergency and emergency procedures on patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant;
- Carry out ward rounds for daily clinical progress and management of patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant;
- Mentor medical officers in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care;
- Participate in continuous medical evaluations to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization;
- Pursue mentorship opportunities in applicable specialty area under a specialist or consultant in compliance with the specialist recognition requirements;
- Participate in patient reviews in outpatient clinics as and when required;
- Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set objectives;
- Participate in the development and/or review of protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical management;
- Ensure high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Medicine degree in applicable area of specialization as applicable from a recognized institution.
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing license.
Minimum of 2 years’ pre-qualification experience as a medical officer.
Basic Life Support Certificate.
Advanced Trauma Life Support Certificate.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Emergent lifesaving skills
- Recognition and assessment of patient’s and ability to intervene as required
- Ability to carry out emergent and non-emergent procedures including IV cannulation, dialysis cathetization and emergency intubation among others
- Patient care skills
- Effective decision-making and judgement skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Team working skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th January 2021.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING OR TRAINING).