KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS
ST. LUKE’S COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individuals to fill the following key position.
Nurse Tutors (2 Positions)
1. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Course and curriculum organisation, implementation, development and evaluation for students and others participating in continuing education.
- Organisation of lectures, seminars and tutorials of the course modules in consultation with the dean of studies
- Assume responsibility of a class tutor and Hostel Patron or matron as appointed by the Principal.
- Maintaining students’ training records.
- Organisation of internal examinations
- Teach all assigned subjects to all groups of students,
- Utilise a variety of teaching methods to meet the individual learning needs nurses.
- Evaluate academic progress of students, record findings and devise action plans where necessary.
- Act as an examiner/assessor for students
- Promotion of a research ethos.
- Participate in clinical teaching in the clinical areas to trainee
- Maintains clinical capability via regular clinical practice
- Take responsibility for own professional development.
- Participate in quality programmes, clinical audit and research.
- Performing with diligence any other duties, which the tutor may be called to do from time to time by the school authority.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) and not less than Three (3) years’ experience in teaching.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
3. PERSONAL QUALITIES
a) Has good interpersonal and communication skills
b) Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
c) A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
d) Group facilitation skills an added advantage
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:-
KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS –GENERAL SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
To reach him on or before Friday, 29 January 2021
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED