SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become a Programme Coordinator for SOS Children’s Villages – Kisumu.
Key Functions of the Job
The Programme Coordinator will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Ensuring effective programme planning and implementation including timely reporting for the Family Strengthening Programme activities
- Coordinate SOS CV Kenya family strengthening program
- Maintains good relationship with external key stakeholders of the programme including beneficiaries and investors/donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the programme when required and as will be guided.
- Ensures strong linkages with county-level structures and systems to support coordination and collaboration for quality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and sustainability of the programme
- Ensure that the Programme systematically builds capacities of families and local community groups towards self-reliance through appropriate trainings and introduction of innovation and best practices application around sustainable livelihoods, income generating projects, group savings and loans, revolving funds, vocational skills training and strengthening of small scale businesses
- Facilitate the Programme’s representation and/or participation in local and national knowledge networks to draw on and share best practice and lessons learned for application and replication purposes
- Responsible for capacity development including mentoring, coaching, performance appraisals, for FSP staff under his/her supervision
- Promote teamwork, information sharing and collaboration with other SOS CV Kenya family strengthening programme in other locations
- Guides the social workers in rolling out all FSP components with particular emphasis on community mobilization and development implementation
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, Economics or related field)
- A thorough understanding, preferably 3 years’ experience of project planning and community implementation of OVC, Child Protection and Livelihoods programs.
- Demonstrated experience working as a mid/senior level manager in at least 3 of the following areas: child protection, household economic strengthening, social protection, education, health and nutrition including HIV care and support; social service systems strengthening, including social services workforce and M&E. Strong preference for experience in case management and case planning, community level capacity building, facilitating appropriate referrals/linkages and other strategies with the aim of ensuring empowered children, families and communities who are self-reliant.
- Familiarity with programme cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation with good understanding of financial controls and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, strong writing and oral presentation skills to meet diverse requirements of immediate beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Experience of facilitation, training and network building
The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resources department to reach us on or before 5th February 2021 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.