Kenyatta National Hospital
Position: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Project Principal Investigator
Location: Kisumu County
Job Objective: Management of day-to-day activities and implementation of project activities of the MwACh-PrEP: A study evaluating an SMS-based support intervention to enhance PrEP adherence during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Provide managerial support to the project team.
- Responsible over all project matters such as day to day management, resource management
Description of duties
- Provides management oversight in the project though co-ordination and supervision of project activities and supervision of staff in the project.
- Supports the development of project materials including data collection systems and PrEP Counseling training materials.
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates project activities including:
- Preparing project work plans and helping in budget development on annual and ad-hoc basis.
- Assigning work on project implementation and undertaking continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities.
- Implementing research activities.
- Supports dissemination of project information by preparing project reports on a regular basis, including financial and technical reports to donors and all required project information to the management team and other program partners.
- Acts as the key contact for the project to:
- Maintain regular communication with members of the project management team and other members of the country Programmes.
- Initiate and maintain collaboration with other actors on the ground.
- Ensures programme integration and growth by participating in county meetings and developing new project initiatives.
- Keep up the morale of team members and build relationships with them to develop a strong working unit and supporting their impact on the success of a project.
- Undertakes other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Supervision: Work independently on tasks related to project management with periodic reporting and direction from supervisors.
- Decision Making: Make decisions on the project implementation and its daily management.
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to important information as regards the project, its budget and the general trend and performance of the project.
- Responsibility over assets: Proper management of financial resources and equipment
- Responsibility over Staff: Responsibility to oversee all the project staff.
Professional / Qualifications
- Degree in nursing and MPH
- Clinical experience in maternal child health and/or HIV related care.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in relevant project management responsibilities.
- Database management skills
- Experience working in public clinics or hospitals
- Experience with clinic-based data collection and monitoring
- Experience managing other team member activities
- Experience with Implementation Research.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent use of mobile phones for data collection and communication
- Prior experience using ODK or REDCAP for data collection
Length of Experience: At least 2 years as a research project coordinator
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- CLICK HERE to complete our online application form
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email: email@example.com by 31st January 2021.