JOB TITLE: RECYCLING PLANT SUPERVISOR
NATURE OF JOB: FULL TIME
INDUSTRY: WASTE MANAGEMENT AND RECYCLING
SALARY: Kshs 40,000 – 50,000
JOB LOCATION: BANANA
SUMMARY: Our client, a waste management and recycling company, which is engaged in waste collection, material recovery, composting and recycling is looking to recruit a Plant Supervisor to oversee the general operations of the factory, ensure proper running of machines and enforce compliance to health and safety standards while optimizing productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise efficient operation of all plant equipment to achieve the plant’s objectives and profitability.
- Administer all employee schedules and ensure proactive workforce planning.
- Staff supervision, monitoring and provision of appropriate training to improve work delivery.
- Supervise daily production schedules and assist to resolve all maintenance issues.
- Perform regular inspection of all machinery and ensure compliance to all regulations such as OSHA.
- Proactive systematic planning of all preventive maintenance programs alongside the preventative maintenance technician to reduce on downtime.
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all incoming materials and products in the plant according to the required policies and procedures.
- Maintain the quality of all products, prepare appropriate budgets and reports to be submitted to management and recommend improvements to the production process to ensure optimal profitability.
- Ensure compliance to local regulations on safety and health.
- Maintain efficient and professional relationships with all customers.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience in a similar role 2 of which MUST be at a supervisory level.
- Bsc/Diploma in a science related field.
- Previous experience working in a processing or manufacturing plant is an added advantage.
- Team management and leadership skills.
- High regard for time management and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Good planning skills
- High flexibility with willingness to put forth extra effort to get the job done
- Open, critical and proactive communication style about problem areas
- Drive and commitment
- Honesty and integrity
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted